It’s true. Common App accounts created in 2015-2016 will roll over to 2016-2017! This means that juniors can create their account now — or whenever they are ready — and it will be available for them in 2016-2017 as seniors.
We know that you have some questions about this new rollover process. We are working out some of the nuances and will be sharing more information with you later this month in time for many of your spring junior workshops.
Here are 5 important things to know:
1. Students can create an account now at apply.commonapp.org. Accounts created this year will roll over. Any student who is not planning to enroll in college in the next 12 months should select “Other student” on the registration page.
2. The student’s user name and Common App ID will all be preserved. This means they will be able to sign in to next year’s application system using the same email address they used this year.
3. All Common App data will be preserved.
4. Counselors can introduce their students to the Common App and the college application process at a time that makes the most sense for their needs.
5. When paired with Common App Ready, rollover provides you with a flexible, powerful advising tool.
Stay tuned. We will continue to provide helpful tips and guidance over the coming weeks.