Class of 2018… If you are Koplik eligible* your application us due in the HHS Guidance Office by May 1. If you will need to include AP results from this spring, please turn in your application by May 1. You will add this information at the beginning of July. Please see your counselor with any questions.
You MUST turn in your application by May 1.
*To be eligible to apply for a Stanley Z. Koplik Certificate of Mastery Award, a student must:
- Must be currently enrolled in a Massachusetts public high school. (Students who have graduated high school are not eligible to apply)
- Be a permanent Massachusetts resident.
- Be a United States citizen or eligible noncitizen.
(In order to use the tuition credit portion of the Certificate, students must be eligible to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA))
Initial qualification for the Certificate of Mastery, requires that a student score “Advanced” on at least one grade 10 MCAS test subject, and score “Proficient” on the remaining sections of the grade 10 MCAS.
To Receive the Certificate of Mastery, students must fulfill additional requirements through one of the combinations listed below:
- 2 AP exams with scores of 3 or better;
- 2 SAT II exams (Minimum score dependent upon subject area. Scores are listed on the Koplik application);
- 1 SAT II exam and 1 AP exam; or
- 1 SAT II exam and 1 other achievement; or
- 1 AP exam and 1 other achievement.
Additional information: http://www.doe.mass.edu/FamComm/Student/mastery.html